Quan is an associate of DN Legal. His practice areas include corporate and M&A, real estate, hospitality and banking and finance. Prior to joining DN Legal, Quan was a transactional lawyer of a leading global law firm with a strong focus on real estate M&A, hospitality and project finance. There he advised many high-profile clients on large-scale, complicated deals, especially transactions regarding residential and commercial projects, complex developments, industrial properties and hotels. He also advises on many aspects of doing business in Vietnam, including foreign direct investment, corporate restructuring, corporate governance and regulatory compliance. Quan is fluent in English and Vietnamese.
– Associate, DN Legal, Vietnam, 2014 – 2016 and 2018 – Present
– Associate, Baker McKenzie, Vietnam, 2016 – 2018
– Junior Associate, Indochine Counsel, Vietnam, 2013 – 2014
– Legal Assistant, Ha Hai & Partners, Vietnam, 2012 – 2013
– LLB, Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, 2012
– Admitted to the bar, Ho Chi Minh City, 2016
Banking & Finance
- SC Capital Partners on its financing and investment cooperation arrangements with a local developer for the purpose of developing a series of mid-level and affordable housing projects in District 9, Ho Chi Minh City.
- A leading Korean bank on its structured purchase of a US$200 million onshore loan secured by a luxury residential project located in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Son Kim Land on a US$100 million convertible loan from a syndicate of lenders from Japan and Hong Kong.
- Novaland on several loans from various offshore lenders to finance the development of its residential projects in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Mandarin Oriental on operating its first 5-star luxury hotel in Vietnam in Union Square Saigon building.
- Hyatt on due diligence on the Park Hyatt Phu Quoc resort in Phu Quoc.
- A Thai investor on its acquisition of 40% interest in a 280 hectares resort project in Bai Sao, Phu Quoc.
- A Thai investor on its investment in a resort project in Gam Ghi Island, Phu Quoc.
- A number of local owners on negotiating hotel management agreements and related agreements with various international hotel operators.
- Hubert Burda Media on its US$14 million investment in the developer of Coc Coc, the most popular search engine/internet browser in Vietnam.
- Royal Lee on its acquisition of 99.9% interest in a local logistics company.
- Lai Sun Group on corporate restructuring issues relating to its investment in Caravelle Saigon Hotel.
- Wendelbo on its business expansion and its relocation of a furniture factory from Ho Chi Minh City to Binh Duong.
- Dole Asia on its business cooperation with U&I Group on production and distribution of Dole branded fresh bananas.
- CityClinic on regulatory issues and setting up a wholly foreign owned polyclinic in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Go-Pak UK on regulatory and tax issues and setting up an export-processing company in Binh Duong.
- Robert Walters Vietnam on various regulatory and compliance matters.
- Phu Long Real Estate Corporation on its acquisition of 50% interest in Splendora Bac An Khanh, a 264 hectares urban city project in Hanoi.
- VinaCapital on its sale of 72% interest in Dai Phuoc Lotus (currently Swan Bay City), a 464 hectares urban city project in Dong Nai.
- Hamon Properties on setting up a joint venture with a Son Kim Land for developing Gateway Thao Dien project, a commercial-residential-retail complex in District 2, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Refico on its sale of 51% interest in a complex project in the center of Hanoi.
- Nomura Real Estate Asia on its acquisition of 24% interest in Sun Wah Tower in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Dynasty Investments on its sale of 100% interest in an 18.9 hectares resort project in Ho Tram, Vung Tau.
- Indochina Capital on its sale of 100% interest in a 39 hectares resort project in Da Nang.
- Everview Capital Partners on structuring its investment in residential properties in Vietnam.
- Crescent Point on its sale of The Nam Hai (currently Four Seasons Resort Hoi An), a five-star luxury resort in Hoi An, Quang Nam.
- Crescent Point on its sale of Six Senses Con Dao, a five-star resort in Con Dao, Vung Tau.
- Crescent Point on its sale of Indochina Riverside Tower, a Grade A office building in Da Nang.
- Indochina Kajima on structuring its investment in hospitality properties in Da Nang.
- Triumph Vietnam on the sale of its factory and land in Ho Chi Minh City.
- FinorTrust on structuring its real estate investments in Vietnam and acquisition of villas and condo
- CMX Energy on land issues on its development of a 168MW solar power project in Ninh Thuan.
- Mitsubishi Estate on land and project development issues.
- A New York mogul on his purchase of luxury residential and resort properties in Ho Chi Minh City and Vung Tau.