Tuan Anh is the managing partner of DN Legal. He advises on a wide range of matters including corporate and commercial, banking and finance, M&A, real estate, telecommunication, energy and infrastructure. Tuan Anh is fluent in English and Vietnamese.
– Managing Partner, DN Legal, Vietnam, Sep 2021 – Present
– Partner, DN Legal, Vietnam, 2016 – Sep 2021
– Associate, Allen & Overy, Vietnam, 2012 – 2016
– Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Vietnam, 2010-2012
– LLM, Brunel University, London, United Kingdom, 2009
– LLB, Hanoi Law University, 2008
Banking & Finance
- BTMU on the successful acquisition of 20% strategic stake in Vietinbank after its equitisation.
- Mizuho Corporate Bank on the successful acquisition of 15% strategic stake in Vietcombank after its equitisation.
- Prudential on the proposed sale of its finance company in Vietnam.
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) on the sale of its stake in Sacombank.
- Citibank on the proposed acquisition of shares in Horizon Securities Company.
- Morgan Stanley on the restructuring of its investment in Morgan Stanley Gateway Securities Company.
- Standard Chartered Bank on regulatory matters related to investments in Vietnam.
- Standard Chartered Bank on Syndicated Facility to Thang Long Cement JSC.
- Standard Chartered Bank on US$15 million equivalent facility to Phu My Hung Corporation.
- Standard Chartered Bank on US$22 million equivalent facility to Tin Nghia Corporation.
- Standard Chartered Bank on million equivalent facility to VinaCommodities Corporation and VinaCommodities Mien Nam Corporation.
- Nomura on the US$243,660,000 credit facility to Viet Lao Power JSC.
- Kinh Do on its sale of its snack business unit to Mondelez.
- Vingroup on the sale of its stake in Vincom Retail to Warburg Pincus.
- C. Starck on its mining joint venture with Nui Phao Mining Company, a subsidiary of one of Vietnam’s largest private sector business groups, Masan Group Corporation.
- VOF of Vinacapital on its various investments in Vietnam.
- Cognita on its acquisition of International School Saigon Pearl.
- Nortel Networks on the dissolution of its subsidiary in Vietnam.
- Acuatico on the purchase of up to 30% of shares of Fresh Water Business and Construction Investment (Viwaco) and 42.4% of shares in Vinaconex Water Supply (Viwasupco) from the Vinaconex.
- Kimberly Clark – Intragroup transfer.
- Oman Oil on its proposed purchase of a fertiliser project from PetroVietnam.
- Sanofi Aventis on the acquisition of all of the products of a Vietnamese pharmaceutical company.
- HeidelbergCement Group on the proposed acquisition of a controlling interest in Cam Pha Cement Joint Stock Company and Chinfon Cement Corporation.
- Honda on various matters relating to its operation in Vietnam.
- Mitsui Engineering on various regulatory matters for its operation in Vietnam.
- Singapore Technologies Telemedia on its proposed acquisition of stake in EVN Telecoms (EVNT) upon equitisation of this company.
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) on personal income tax issues in relation to its Japanese employees who are hired to work within the frame of an ODA loan program in Vietnam.
- Vodafone Global Enterprise on its telecoms investment in Vietnam.
- LCMS Holding on the successful establishment of an international school in Hanoi.
- On dispute resolution method for a dispute in an equipment sales contract between a telecoms company in Vietnam and a Taiwanese telecoms producer.
- Jardines on settlement of various disputes relating to the collapse of the Huynh Thuc Khang house leased by its subsidiary company – Pizza Hut Vietnam.
Real Estate, Energy and Infrastructure
- Marubeni Corporation on the EPC package for the Nghi Son 1 power project with Electricity of Vietnam.
- Mitsui Engineering and Shipbuilding on potential foreign contractor tax issue applicable to its proposed EPC project in Vietnam.
- VRSO Fund of VinaCapital on its investment and development of Nine South Estate project in Ho Chi Minh City.
- VinaLand Fund of VinaCapital on its various investments and divestments.
- A global private equity fund on its acquisition of assets from Indochina Land.
- American Indochina Resorts Ltd. on its sale of The Nam Hai resort.
- Dream Hotel Group (HK), Ltd. on a dispute with the Hotel’s owner regarding the Hotel Management Agreement and Technical Service Agreement.
- Finortrust Real Estate Company Limited on various purchases of villas and condotels in Vietnam.
- Hyatt International-Asia Pacific, Limited on the Hotel Management Agreement and Technical Service Agreement for 2 hotel projects in Phu Quoc and Cam Ranh.
- KN Cam Ranh Co., Ltd on the Hotel Management Agreement and Technical Services Agreement regarding its hotel projects in Cam Ranh.
- Sun Group on the Intercontinental Peninsula Da Nang and Phu Quoc.
- Asian Coast Development Ltd. on its development of a resort and casino in Ho Tram, Vung Tau.
- Nhon Trach Investment Joint Stock Company on its joint venture with CFLD to develop a township in Dong Nai province.
- Silosso on its 2 resort projects Cam Ranh, Khanh Hoa.
- A French Investor on selling its certain shares in a 35 MW renewable energy project and a 49.5MW renewable energy project in the central area of Vietnam.
- Khang Dien on its sale of 49% interest in two residential housing projects in Thu Duc City, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Gamuda on its purchase of 100% interest in residential housing projects in Thu Duc City, Ho Chi Minh City and Nhon Trach Town, Dong Nai.
- Wyndham Phu Quoc.
- Wyndham Grand Cam Ranh.
- Rixos Phan Thiet.
- Mondrian Danang.
- Novotel Suite Phu Quoc.
- Novotel Quang Binh.
- Grand Mercure Phan Thiet.
- Novotel Hoi An.
- Swissotel Hanoi.
- Le Meridien Da Nang.
- Four Point Hanoi.
- Park Hyatt Phu Quoc.
- Hyatt Regency Danang.
- Hyatt Regency Phu Quoc.
- InterContinental Danang.
- Mandarin Oriental Danang.
- MGallery Phu Quoc.